Smirp was inspired by the release of radiohead's latest album In Rainbows The campaign and method of media distribution was simple in concept yet revolutionary at the same time; Let the market decide how much your art is worth. If you would like to do further reading about the album release click here to read the New York Times article.
During this time many of my artsy friends were asking me if there was an easy elegant way to distribute their music, photos, and videos in a similar way. The internet has greatly improved the ability to share media files between your contacts. However, many people were looking for an independent platform where such files could be sold to customers, for a price which they decide to play. This would mean that users could buy and sell their work whilst browsing the net or playing games of Poker.de. It would certainly have the potential to have a huge impact on the way the industry would operate. I decided it was time to make a general purpose system for doing exactly that. The result is Smirp.
- Sign in using google, yahoo, or your preferred open id provider.
- Link your Amazon.com account or your paypal account
- Choose a single file or zipped bundle and upload it to your account.
- Set your pricing preferences
- Promote and sell your music (twitter, drop urls™).
- Collect valuable user data including email, number of downloads.
Sign in instantly
If you have a yahoo or google account you can simply click the the button and log in immediately. Or Click here to sign up through our signup form.